Meet Dr.Victor J. Atun, MD
Accomplished & Specialized
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Dr. Atun, MD, is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, including Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery of the face, head and neck, trunk and extremities.
He was born and raised in Lima, Peru. During medical school at the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia in Lima, he excelled at Surgery. He also spent several summers working at St. Elizabeth Health Center in Youngstown, Ohio.
After earning his medical degree with honors, Dr. Atun, MD, moved to the United States, where he completed a General Surgery externship at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. He completed a General Surgery internship at Ohio’s St. Elizabeth, and General Surgery residencies at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Fla., and the University of South Florida in Tampa.
He then completed a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship through the George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He also finished a Cosmetic Dermatology and Laser Surgery fellowship at the Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery. He has privately practiced Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Sugar Land since 2000. Prior to that, he spent two years in Lima, Peru, training in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery.
He is married with children, and speaks English and Spanish.
Professional Training and Experience
- Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Harris County Medical Society
- Private practice, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Sugar Land, TX (2000 – Present)
Medical Family Privileges
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
- Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
- St. Luke’s Sugar Land Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
Medical Family Privileges Con’t
- Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital, Katy, TX
- West Houston Medical Center, Houston, TX
- Oak Bend Medical Center, Richmond, TX
- Memorial Hermann Surgery Center Sugar Land, Sugar Land, TX
- Bodies by Atun Center, Sugar Land, TX
|Fellowship||George Washington University - Washington, D.C. |
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
|Residency||University of South Florida - Tample, FL |
Mt.Sinai Hospital Medical Center - Miami Beach, FL
|Internship||St. Elizabeth Hospital Medical Center - Youngstown, OH |
|Externship||Jackson Memorial Hospital Medical Center - Miami, FL |
St. Elizabeth Hospital Medical Center - Youngstown, OH
1987, 1988, 1989
|Medical Degree||Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia - Lima, Peru |
Doctor of Medicine
Additional Achievements of Dr.Victor J. Atun
- Faith in Practicas, Guatemala (2011)
- Interplast Peru (200-2002)
- Save the Children of the Andes Foundation, Equador (1997)