Meet Dr. Dennis Hurwitz, MD
Accomplished & Specialized
Dr. Dennis Hurwitz
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Dr. Hurwitz, MD, is a skilled Plastic Surgeon, teacher, surgical innovator and is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
He earned his medical degree from the University of Maryland Medical School. He completed General Surgery residencies at both Yale and Dartmouth, and then a Plastic Surgery residency at the University of Pittsburgh Health Center. He has been a clinical professor of Surgery (Plastic) at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicines since 2000. He has also served as clinical editor of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
An international lecturer, Dr. Hurwitz, MD, was nominated by his peers to appear in the Castle Connolly guide, America’s Top Doctors, for 11 years. He has also appeared in the Consumers’ Guide to Top Doctors and has been listed among the BEST DOCTORS IN AMERICAN (bestdoctors.com) for 10 years.
He is past medical director of the University of Pittsburgh Cleft Palate Craniofacial Center, and past president of city, state and regional Plastic Surgery organizations.
Dr. Hurwitz, MD, has been married for more than 40 years, and has a son and daughter. He is also an avid golfer and skier.
Professional Training and Experience
- Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Mexiollofacial Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
Professional Societies (con’t)
- American Alpine Workshop in Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- The Northeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Ohio Valley Society for Plastic Surgeons
- Greater Pittsburgh Plastic Surgery Society
- Allegheny County Medical Society
- Director Hurwitz Center for Plastic Surgery, Pittsburgh, PA (1977-Present)
- Clinical Professor, Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh (2000-Present)
- NBC’s TODAY Show
- The VIEW
- Discovery Health Cable
- The Learning Channel
- INSIDE Edition
- The Montel William’s Show
- ABC Prime Time
- MSNBC, CNN, … and more
Honors and Awards
- Best Doctors in America (bestdoctors.com) (2003-Present)
- Castle Connely Guide of America’s Top Doctors (2001-Present)
|Fellowship||General Hospital of Mexico, University of Mexico - Mexico City |
|Residency||University of Pittsburgh Health Center - Pittsburgh, PA |
Dartmouth Affiliated Hospitals - Hanover, NH
Yale University Hospital - New Haven, CT
|Internship||Yale University Hospital - New Haven, CT |
|Medical Degree||University of Maryland Medical School - Baltimore, MD |
Doctor of Medicine
|Undergraduate Sutdies||University of Maryland - College Park, MD |
Bachelor of Science, Zoology
Additional Achievements of Dr. Dennis J. Hurwitz, MD
- Hurwitz DJs Refinements in Body Contouring Surgery Surb 2014; 134;6, 1185-1195.
- Hurwitz DJ, Enhancing Masculine Features after Massive Weight Loss, Aesth Plast Surg. 2016.4022; 245-255.
- Hurwitz DJ, Ayeni O Body contouring surgery in the massive weight loss patient, Surg Clin N Am 2016; 96: 875-885.
- Hurwitz OJ, Beidas O, Wright Reshaping the oversized waist through Oblique Flankplasty With
Lipoabdominolasty (OFLA), Plast. Reconstr. Surg. in press.
- Hurwitz DJ, FaceLift Vertical- Uma Opcao Acessivel nas Grandes Perdas Ponderais, Chapter 53 in Cirurgia Plastica
Pos-BariatTica, edited by Mendes and Viterbo Di Livos Editora Ltda, Rio de Brazils 2016, pp 692-703.
- Hurwitz DJ, Comprehensive Body Contouring: lheory and Practice, Springer Verlag, 260 pages, 191 illustrations,
New York, New York, 2016.