Meet Dr. Virgil Willard, MD
Accomplished & Specialized
Dr. Virgil Willard
High Point , NC 27262
Dr. Willard, MD, is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
He was born in Gibralter, where his father was stationed in the U.S. Army, and soon after moved to the United States. After graduating from North Carolina State University with high honors, he earned his medical degree from the Bowman Gray School of Medicine, now known as the Wake Forest School of Medicine, in Winston-Salem, N.C. He completed his General and Plastic Surgery Residencies at the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, also in Winston-Salem.
Dr. Willard, MD, has served on the staff of Piedmont Plastic Surgery in High Point, N.C. for more than 30 years. In addition, he has served on the staffs at Cornerstone Healthcare and Regional Physicians Plastic Surgery. He is currently on the medical staff at High Point Medical Center, where he has served in the past as treasurer and chief of staff. In addition, he has staff privileges at the Center for Image Discovery and High Point Surgery Center, both in High Point, N.C.
He served as president of the High Point Medical Society, and has also served twice on the board of trustees of the High Point Regional Health System.
Dr. Willard travels to the Dominican Republic to participate in a yearly surgical mission trip.
Dr. Willard, MD, is married with two children. He enjoys scuba diving, salt-water aquariums, volleyball and garden ponds.
Professional Training and Experience
- Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- North Carolina
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgeons
- High Point Medical Society
- Phi Kappa Phi
Honors and Awards
- Phi Kappa Phi (1975)
- Dean’s List, North Carolina State University, Raliehg, NC (1973-1977)
- National Honor Society (1972-1973)
- President, Piedmont Plastic Surgery High Point, NC (2013 — Present and 1988 – 2009)
- Regional Physicians Plastic Surgery, High Point, NC (2010 – 2013)
- Cornerstone Healthcare, High Point, NC (2009 – 2010)
Professional Appointments (Abbrev. list)
- High Point Regional Health System, High Point, NC:
– Board of Trustees (2009 — 2013
and 2003 – 2007)
– Chief of Staff (2005 – 2007)
– Chief of Staff Elect (2003 – 2005)
– Treasurer (1997 -1998)
- President, High Point Medical Society, High Point, NC (2000 – 2001)
|Residency||NC Baptist Hospital, Wake Forest University - Winston-Salem, NC|
NC Baptist Hospital, Wake Forest University - Winston-Salem, NC
|Medical Degree||Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest Univesity - Winston-Salem, NC|
Doctor of Medicine
|Undergraduate Studies||North Carolina State University - Raleigh, NC|
Bachelor of Science, Zoology with High Honors
Additional Achievements of Dr. Virgil Willard, MD
- High Point Regional Hospital. High Point, NC
- Center for Image Discovery, High Point, NC
- High Point Surgery Center, High Point, NC
- Prevention of fibrous capsule formation using immunomodulation. Presented at the 19th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Aesthetic Surgery, Inc., New Orleans, April 13-18, 1986.